Sunday, May 10, 2009

new at spazmade: tree bird scrapbook

I just added the tree bird scrapbook I made to SpazMade, my Etsy shop. This is the front cover...


and these are 3 out of 4 inside spreads...








And the back cover...




This project took me quite some time. I started out with a 10" x 10" Ready-to-Go! Blank Board Book and painted each page with acrylic paint. I then sanded the pages with a very fine sand paper, so as not to distress the pages, just even out the coverage and blend in any brushstrokes. I cut pieces of cardstock in complimentary colors to size and glued them into each right hand (or odd-numbered) page. Next I added a variety of nature-themed Hambly rub-ons - birds, trees, and simple shapes.

I am tempted to add a coat of mod-podge to each page as a finisher/ sealant so as to prevent scratches or other forms of damage. But I'm afraid that will make the pages more difficult to write on, should a buyer want to journal their photo captions or notes. So I'll be experimenting with writing on some sample mod-podge sealed pages and I'll update the description on the project page if needed. I can't wait to do more like this - I really enjoyed the process and am happy with the result. Yay!

1 comment:

wisteria said...

Hi Friend,
I like you blog.it's very nice to see your blog. I would like to share my link with you.
Please visit www.racerwitz.blogspot.com

Thanks & Regards
Wisteria